HISTORY OF THE CAMP
In 1938, four ministers from North Carolina — Rev. J. W. Groce, Rev. P. A. Rayle, Rev. C. E. Williams, and Rev. A. Burgess —decided to create a meeting and camping site. The first camp meeting was held in August of 1942 under a 40 x 60 canvas tent with a brush arbor type cooking and dining area.
Their dream evolved to what was eventually called the John Wesley Camp - a 7-plus acre property of beautiful wooded land. The campground, located in High Point, NC, encompasses a fishing pond, a large auditorium, a central building of administrative offices and meeting rooms, a dining hall, several dorms, a caretaker’s home and numerous cottages.